Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A little behind...

Sorry about the delay in post...I have been meaning for several days to get on and post and when I think about it something else pops into this little head of mine and gets me distracted else where.
So to catch you up, I went back to the vascular surgeon on Friday for another ultrasound. It was really nice because she actually came in while the ultrasound tech was doing it and she was able to show me everything I was looking at and what it all meant. This is the first time it has ever been explained to me while looking at the ultrasound screen. It looks like a bunch of nothing until she started pointing out my veins and blood flow. Very interesting to see your body from the inside like that... it makes you realize again how amazing our bodies are made. God wasn't kidding we he put this all together.
Ok so, the good news was that the clot in my upper internal iliac vein is starting to dissolve. This is the one located in my pelvis area. Then I still have a few segments in my calf and behind my knee but it looks like the blood is flowing pretty good around the clots so there is no real concern there. However, the original clot, the one that extends from right above my knee and about 8 inches up my leg is still there, not budging and limited blood flow around it. I was a little frustrated with this, but then I just tried to focus on the good news that day and just be grateful that something was dissolving. So, needless to say, I am still swelling and still have some pain around the clot due to the lack of good blood flow around that nasty little sucka.
I am starting to feel a little better. Its still pretty slow moving for me. All those who know me well, know that it is impossible for me not to be up doing something! I sit in this little house all day and my mind just takes over of all the little projects I just can't wait to get my hands on. However when it comes right down to it, I just don't have the energy. I am still pretty tired and get worn out very easily. I clean my house in stages and it's killing me!!! I pretty much do a room a day (ok so my bedroom may get totally neglected) but the rest of my house gets cleaned!
Ok enough of my pesky little behaviors. I go back to the Dr today which is a good thing because for the past 3 days I just can't kick these nose bleeds so I am thinking maybe my blood is too thin again. We'll see! I will try not to wait 5 days before I post again... I mean I really don't have a good excuse right?!? I just sit around all day...Oh wait, no I still have 2 little boys running around here like nothing in our world has changed! I had a hard time keeping up with them when I was healthy!
So long for now! Again, thank everyone for all the meals!!! It has made my life so much easier right now and I appreciate more than I can ever express!! (Dane thanks you too!)

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for you today! I will pray that God will speak to the doctors to know exactly what to do about everything going on but today about the nose bleeds! I am so proud of you for your good attitude! I know it is not easy! Love you and prayers going up for you today! <3

    ReplyDelete