Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday

Today has been a pretty good day. Last night I had a little scare so today I stayed off my feet most of the day. I got a little greedy on Friday and was on my feet a little too much and paid the price that night when my leg swelled up again and the back of my knee swelled up like a bubble and caused me alot of discomfort. Then this morning I was still having some discomfort along with nose bleeds. I know that is really gross but I think it comes along with the territory of taking 3 blood thinners.

We have had some company this weekend. My in-laws are in town so they spent the day over here visiting. We had a good time. Just because my legs don't work too good right now, it sure has not affected my mouth so I can still carry on a nice long conversation.

We received a few goodies today that were great at cheering me up too. We had a nice visit from a friend/coworker, Beth, she brought us a delicious chicken casserole that was fantastic, along with a bundt cake. Then one of our sweet neighbors dropped by some chocolate peanut butter brownies that were to die for. I also had a special delivery from a few ladies at the office...they sent a card with Beth to deliver that contained a gift card. I can not tell you how much all of this means to me! Honestly, I feel so undeserving of all of this and can not thank everyone enough for the outpouring of love that I have felt. I am amazed at the kindness of people. Every phone call, text, email and gift or just words of encouragement make my day! It also shows me that I have surrounded myself by a wonderful group of people.

Well I guess that is it... I am hoping for another good day tomorrow! Just one day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment