Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thursday Update...

Ok, went back to the Dr on Wednesday. Heavy bed rest has been lifted however I am still supposed to be staying off my feet, keeping it elevated. I have to limit my activity but I can drive short distances now, like to take Breck to school. I am not to be standing still for long periods of time. However at the same time walking at a good pace is good for me. The Dr recommended taking a brisk walk, not walking around doing useless stuff like trying to clean! Bummer! Taking the quicker paced walks are supposed to help open up the veins. He said with all of this there are limitations, that only my body will know and tell me. Bottom line is don't be up doing things that are not necessary and put stress on my leg.

My clot does reside in the pelvis, not the groin like I thought. There are segments in my clot where there are spaces but it does go from me knee up into the pelvis area, the internal iliac vein to be exact for any interested in looking it up. I will be seeing the vascular surgeon on Tuesday to see if her opinions have changed on putting in a stint since my conditions have changed since she saw me in the hospital.

Another discovery made yesterday was that my hemoglobin took a major dive putting me in a very weak part of anemia. I thought something might be going on because when I don't have the energy to sit up and read a trashy magazine or try and wipe down a counter when no one is looking, there is something wrong with me. They have prescribed me a Iron pill to help with this. I am ready for that to kick in because I have been extremely tired and weak. It's one more pill added to the collection I take at night.

I think that is about all for know! Good thing huh? Some days I am falling apart and then most days I feel like I can handle anything. Keep praying... specifically for peace. I had a minor meltdown last night, but I will be ok. Just taking it day by day...I know the Lord had big plans for my life, and the devil better be scared when I do get up and back to normal!!

Take care! God Bless
Brittany

1 comment:

  1. I think about you constantly Britt. I am praying for you all the time as well. I am so glad you are updating on here. Praying for your appointment with the doctor! I keep trying to worry but I stop knowing you are in God's hands and HE is in control. Like you said, the devil is going to mess with you but don't let Him. I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete